Searching for the easiest dessert recipe ever? These cute 2-ingredient grilled banana bread ice cream sandwiches are probably what you are looking for! Simple and easy – truly delicious! Try the recipe:
- 1 loaf of homemade or store-bought banana bread
- Ice cream of your choice, for serving
- Preheat a charcoal grill or gas to medium-high heat. Apply the banana bread slices on it and cook until dark grill marks form on the banana bread or around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, flip the slices and cook on the other side for 2 minutes more. Remove the bread slices from the grill and allow them to cool before preparing the sandwiches.
- Next, after removing the ice-cream from the freezer, thaw it to make it well spreadable (not melted), or around 7-9 minutes.
- Scoop around 1 cup of ice cream onto one slice of banana bread (spread evenly), then pressing firmly, sandwich the ice-cream bread with another slice. Repeat with the remaining banana bread slices and ice cream.
- You can roll the sandwich in chopped nuts of your choice or drizzle some chocolate sauce over (optional).
- Now, wrap the sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Freeze the sandwiches for at least 70 minutes before serving. Serve.