This 7-Up pound cake is one of the best desserts for this spring-summer season. Moist, dense, and refreshing, this pound cake can be a perfect treat with a cup of coffee or ice tea.
You will need just 10 minutes to prepare it plus about 1 hour to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 sticks (1 ½ cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 7-Up Soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lime
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons 7-Up Soda
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, around 2 minutes. Apply the eggs in, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add the lime and lemon juice, lime and lemon zests, and vanilla to incorporate.
- Next, alternating with flour and 7-Up, add each slowly until a thick and smooth mixture comes together.
- Spread the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Put in the oven and bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or just until a tester inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let it in the pan for around 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients; next, drizzle on top of the dessert and let glaze to set before slicing. Serve.