These banana and peanut butter cupcakes are totally my jam! I adore the mishmash of banana and peanut butter and cupcakes are really simple and easy to prepare – so this is a winning combination! Here is the recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- 50 grams butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams peanut butter, plus around 30 grams for decorating
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams plain flour
- Peanut butter frosting
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Banana slices (optional)
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a cupcake tin with paper cupcake cases.
- Using an electric mixer, on low speed, beat together the sugar, peanut butter, and butter until creamy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, whipping well after each addition. Add in the mashed banana until well incorporated then apply the flour until just combined. Spoon the batter evenly into the paper cupcake cases.
- Place in the oven; bake for around 20-25 minutes (or just until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean).
- Remove and leave to cool before frosting. To finish, spread a little peanut butter over the top and/or add a banana slice; drizzle with chocolate sauce (if desired).