Nowadays, there are many varieties of the traditional cheesecake recipe – and this one is enriched with the American best-selling cookie known as Oreo. So, if you are a fan of Oreo cookies and cheesecake then this must be your dream combination! Do not hesitate to try this classic cheesecake enriched with Oreo – it’s amazingly delicious! It will take you about 10 minutes to make it plus a few more hours to set. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 store-bought or homemade Oreo Pie Crust, 8 inch – 6 oz.
For the filling:
- 2 pounds’ cream cheese (like Philadelphia), softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- The white cream filling removed from 10 Oreo Cookies
- A few whole Oreo cookies or Oreo crumbs (optional)
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven, then preheat to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
To make the crust:
- Press the Oreo crust into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Wrap the pan with foil and place it in a roasting pan.
To make the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, then add the granulated sugar and whisk just until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and Oreo cream filling. (remember: do not over whip).
- Pour the cheese mixture into the cooled crust.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, then slowly put the roasting pan in the oven (do not pull the rack out of the oven).
- Add in enough warm water to come around halfway up the side of the springform pan bake around 70 minutes (the outside of the cheesecake will set and the center will be loose).
- Remove cheesecake to a rack, then run a knife around the edges; cool to room temperature.
- Next, cover the cake and place in the fridge to set, at least 7 hours (or ideally overnight).
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge at room temperature half an hour before serving. Then, remove the springform ring. Decorate with Oreo crumbs of whole cookies (if desired).
- Slice the cake with a wet knife (dipped in warm water).