Rich, moist, creamy, and really yummy these chocolate Irish whiskey truffles are so cute and special! They look and taste so perfect, you can easily confuse them with luxurious store-bought truffles, which makes them an ideal gift for your loved ones.
Serving 36-38 pieces
- 160 ml heavy whipping cream
- 180 grams dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 35 grams unsalted butter
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon Irish whiskey
Paper truffle cups (optional)
- First, break the dark chocolate into pieces and process it with a blender or food processor until you get a fine floury mixture.
- Then, in a saucepan, pour the cream, Irish whiskey, and butter and stir over medium heat; bring to simmer. Next, apply the mixture into the food processor/blender over the blended chocolate and process until smooth and well combined.
- Apply the yogurt and process again for a few seconds; transfer the mixture (that will be really liquid at this stage) into a medium bowl; let it cool entirely.
- Once chilled, cover with plastic cling film and refrigerate for 5-6 hours (ideally overnight) in order to thicken.
- When truffle batter has set, place the cocoa onto a flat plate. Using a heaped half teaspoon, take some of the mixtures, roll each truffle into a ball and then roll it into the cocoa. Place into a paper truffle cup or arrange in a serving dish.
- Apply the cookies in a box or other container; cover and keep refrigerated.