This coconut panna cotta is so silky and lovely! If you like coconut as much as I do – this will easily become one of the most prepared desserts in your home. You can surprise your family and friends with this amazing treat, especially those who like unique but simple coconut taste.
- 11 g packet gelatine or 3 gelatine leaves
- 250 ml/8 fl oz. /1 cup coconut milk
- 250 ml/8 fl oz. /1 cup double/heavy cream
- 1 vanilla pod/bean, split in half lengthways or few drops vanilla extract
- 25 g/1 oz. / 1/8 cup caster/superfine sugar
- 4 teaspoon (1 teaspoon for each cup/ramekin) coconut or almond flakes – to garnish
- Pour 75 ml/3 fl oz. /5 tbsps. almost-boiling water into a heatproof bowl then sprinkles in the powdered gelatine. Stir until dissolved, then leave to cool. If using gelatine leaves cover the leaves with the water and leave for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Pour the coconut milk and cream into a heavy-based saucepan and add the vanilla pod/bean or add the vanilla extract together with the sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine liquid in a thin, steady stream or add the softened leaves and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Discard the vanilla pod and pour the milk mixture into four 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup ramekins or small dishes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour until set. Before servings, sprinkle some coconut (or almond) flakes to each coconut panna cotta