Start your day with a smile with this delicious coffee mousse that will boost your energy and mood, as well. Creamy, thick, and so yummy! It will take you just 15 minutes to make it plus around 3 hours to set. Make it a day ahead and enjoy the morning.
Servings 4 bowls
- 3 ½ tablespoons (50 ml) coffee
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons (200 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 ounces (75 grams) sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baileys or Kahlua liqueur
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the powdered sugar together with the heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Wrap it in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
- In the meantime, combine the liqueur and the coffee. Set aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar until creamy. Add the liqueur and coffee mixture and whisk until well incorporated. Add the whipped cream and combine the mixtures gently with a spatula to incorporate.
- Divide into 4-6 ramekins or serving cups and refrigerate them for at least 3 hours to set. Serve.