This popular Italian cake is a creamy light coconut and Nutella-flavored cake, which is served semi-cold. You can prepare it without putting too much effort – you can buy basic sponge cake base and just make the filling – simple as that! It’s an ideal cake for everyone who likes the mix of coconut and Nutella! You can surprise your family for weekends, holidays, and other occasions with this easy and amazingly delicious creamy cold coconut and Nutella cake.
For the crust:
- 10-12 Pan di Stelle (Italian biscuit cookies) or Oreos, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
For the filling:
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 20 grams icing sugar
- 110 g condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 grams coconut flour
- 150 grams Nutella
- Coconut flake (optional)
- Crush the biscuit-cookies and place them into a blender/food processor along with melted butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend them and remove the mixture. Press it into a 9-inch pie plate. Use a spoon to press the crumbs up the side of the plate and the side of your hand to press down on the top. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the icing sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk until it reaches stiff peaks. Then, add the condensed milk and the egg yolk and mix until well combined. Add the coconut flour and mix again.
- With the help of a spatula, pour the cream on the crust and place in the fridge for 6 hours – ideally overnight.
- Finally, spread the Nutella cream over the cake and decorate with some coconut flakes (if desired). Serve.
Note: You can serve this cake straight from the fridge – don’t worry – it won’t be ice cold – just semi-cold and creamy!