This cake is a so rich and creamy! It is yogurt and pineapple flavored cake usually served semi-cold. It is really easy to make – all you need to do is buy basic sponge cake base and just make the filling – simple as that! It’s an ideal cake for everyone who likes the mix of pineapple and yogurt! You can surprise your family or friends with this easy and delicious Italian creamy cold pineapple and yogurt cake or torta fredda ananas e yogurt.
- 1 basic pandispan / sponge cake base
For the syrup:
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons water
For the filling:
- 1 can sliced pineapples
- 300 grams pineapple yogurt
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 20 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 70 grams condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Pineapple slices (optional)
- In a small bowl, make the syrup by mixing the water and pineapple juice. Next, place the sponge cake base on a dish and wet it with the pineapple juice and water mix. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the confectioners’ sugar into the mixing bowl and put the heavy cream. Beat until it reaches stiff peaks. Add the egg yolk and condensed milk and mix until well incorporated. Add the pineapple yogurt mix well again.
- With the help of a spatula, pour ½ of the batter onto the base, spread pineapple slices and apply the remaining batter all over the cake. Decorate with pineapple slices (if desired).
- Place in the fridge for about 6 hours (or preferably overnight). You can serve this cake straight from the fridge – don’t worry – it won’t be ice cold – just semi-cold and creamy!