Dark chocolate and almond mousse is something that is really popular with the many restaurants this holiday season. Rich, creamy and delicious, this chocolate and almond mousse is ideal for all dessert lovers! Plus, very easy and quick to prepare, try the recipe:
For the dark chocolate almond mousse:
- 180 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
To garnish (optional):
- Almond flakes or toasted almonds
- Chocolate shavings
- Frist, take two small bowls – separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, over a low heat, melt the dark chocolate. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate; whisk vigorously until well incorporated.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together heavy cream and almond extract to soft peaks. Add the whipped cream and almond mixture to the chocolate mixture and combine.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks. While mixing, gradually apply sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Fold in the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Combine to incorporate.
- Spoon or pipe into dessert glasses or ramekins. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with almond flakes/ toasted almonds/ chocolate shavings (if desired). Serve.