A very popular delicious dessert that anyone can make! Dorayaki or Dora cake is a Japanese dessert, which becomes really famous all around the world. A pancake-like pastry and red bean paste, in general, with a sweet unique taste that you’ll definitely like. Plus, your kids will be delighted! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sweet red bean paste, known as Anko (a non-classic version: I used Nutella for ½ of the cakes)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- In another mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and honey together. Pour milk and mix well to incorporate.
- Fold the dry ingredients into sugar-egg-honey mixture, and beat until you get a nice and smooth batter.
- With a kitchen towel, wet a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat at medium-low; apply 1/8 of a cup of mixture onto the pan (just like making pancakes).
- Cook around 2 minutes on one side then flip over and cook one minute on the other side.
- Transfer to a plate; cover with a wet paper towel.
- Next, take 1 cake and arrange a heaping tablespoon of sweet red bean paste and cover with another cake. You can use Nutella as well (if desired). However, in the original recipe, it is always used Anko.
- Use a plastic wrap to wrap them and press with your hands. Then, pinch in order to seal the edges of the mini cakes together. Serve.