This easy strawberry sorbet is so refreshing and delicious! You can feel the realness of the strawberries in it with a nice gelato flavor. It is a very simple and quick Italian recipe that you can find on the menu in various restaurants across Italy. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1-quart strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- In a blender or food processor, puree strawberries until finely processed and smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, stir sugar and water and place over high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and let it boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the lemon and orange juice and the strawberry puree in it. Stir just until combined. Remove from the heat, cover, and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Then, remove from the refrigerator and transfer strawberry mixture in a shallow container; place in the freezer – stirring each hour until set, around 6 hours.
Note: You can make this dessert 2-3 days ahead. If sorbet is frozen solid, put in the fridge for 10 minutes to soften.