Super easy and very quick to prepare, this chocolate fudge cake is just perfect for all the modern housewives out there! Easiest ever cake! Great dessert idea when you need to make a last minute simple yet rich cake for some special occasion. It will take you around 40 minutes to prepare the cake and serve! Try it!
For the cake:
- 160 grams self-rising flour
- 25 grams high quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 180 grams muscovado sugar
- 180 grams’ butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 70 grams’ dark chocolate, melted
For the fudge icing:
- 220 grams’ butter, at room temperature
- 220 grams icing sugar
- 240 grams’ dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line and grease two 20cm sandwich tins.
- In a food processor or blender, apply all cake ingredients and process until smooth. If your mixture is kind of a stiff, pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and blend again.
- Next, divide the batter between tins; bake for 30 minutes or just until springy. Let it cook for 7 minutes on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, clean the food processor/blender. Add the icing sugar and butter, pulse briefly then apply the chocolate, mix again until well incorporated. Sandwich and ice the cake. Slice and serve.