Four seasons pizza or pizza quattro stagioni is a variety of Italian pizza, which is prepared in 4 sections with different ingredients, with each section demonstrating each season of the year. It’s a very popular pizza all over Italy and has been described as a “classic”,” renowned” and “famous” Italian pizza. This pizza is very easy to prepare, and here is the classic four seasons pizza recipe:
- 1 quantity basic pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200 grams/ 7 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 4 tomatoes
- 200 grams/7 oz. cooked ham
- 200 grams/7 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 4 artichoke hearts in oil
- 16 stoned black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Grease flour round pizza tins. Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes. Peel, quarter and deseed the tomatoes, then cut them into small dice. Cut the ham into small pieces. Thinly slice the cheese. Quarter the artichoke hearts.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions and roll them out into rounds on a floured work surface. Place the rounds in the tins.
- Distribute the tomatoes and cheese evenly between the pizzas. Cover one-quarter of each pizza with one of the following toppings: mushrooms, ham, artichokes, olives. Season with the oregano and salt and pepper and drizzle over the oil. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.