So rich, creamy, and very delicious! The perfect combination of dark chocolate and banana makes this dessert so yummy! It will take no more than 10 minutes to prepare it, plus 4 hours to set. This fermented dark chocolate banana pudding is a healthy dessert choice that your family and friends would love it!
For the pudding:
- 2 2/3 cups half-and-half
- 3 medium (very) ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 lb. dark chocolate (70%), roughly chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For garnishing (optional):
- Whipped cream
- Banana slices
- Peel and remove the banana peels; apply the flesh to a blender/food processor with 2 1/3 cups half-and-half. Process until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, apply the banana puree, stir in the sugar, chocolate, salt, and vanilla extract, and set over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, using an electric mixer, beat the gelatin with the remaining half-and-half; let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Then, scrape the gelatin and half-and-half mixture into the saucepan; stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, then divide it among 6-8 ramekins/serving glasses/cups.
- Refrigerate until the puddings are firm, at least 4 hours (or ideally overnight).
- Before serving, dollop whipped cream over the top of each pudding or just decorate with a few banana slices (if desired).