- 350 g/12 oz./2 cups carrots
- 175 g/6 oz./1 ½ cups fine green beans
- 250 g/9 oz./1 ½ cups asparagus tips
- 175 g/6 oz./1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 225 g/8 oz./2 cups Italian salami
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped mint
- 25 g/1 oz./2 tbsp. butter
- 150 g/5 oz./3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup double/heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small or ½ an olive ciabatta loaf
- 75 g/3 oz./ ¾ cup Parmesan cheese. grated
- green salad. to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Peel and slice the carrots. trim the beans and asparagus and reserve. Cook the carrots in a saucepan of lightly salted. boiling water for 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables, except for the spinach. and cook for a further 5 minutes. or until tender. Drain: place in an ovenproof dish.
Discard any skin from the outside of the salami if necessary. then chop roughly. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the salami for 4-5 minutes. stirring occasionally. until golden. Using a slotted spoon. transfer the salami to the ovenproof dish and scatter over the mint.
Add the butter to the frying pan and cook the spinach for 1-2 minutes until just wilted. Stir in the double/heavy cream and season well. Spoon the mixture over the vegetables.
Whizz the ciabatta loaf in a food processor to make breadcrumbs. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the vegetables. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden and heated through. Serve with a green salad.