This chocolate fudge frosting is simply flawless! So rich, thick, and creamy you can use to frost your favorite desserts. Silky, chocolatey and beautiful it is the perfect chocolate frosting for all your special events. Here is the recipe:
- ⅔ cup (150 grams/ 1 and ⅓ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⅓ cups (5/5 oz./160 grams) powdered sugar, sifted (plus more as necessary)
- ¼ cup (1 oz./25 grams) cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz./115 grams’ dark chocolate (melted, slightly cooled)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) heavy cream
- Using an electric mixer, at medium-low speed, beat butter until fluffy (around 2-3 minutes).
- Apply the sugar in 2 additions and mix until smooth. Fold in cocoa powder and whisk until completely creamy and smooth. Add in melted chocolate, heavy cream, and vanilla extract, mixing until combined. Add powdered sugar as needed until you get a spreadable frosting. You are done!
- Use frosting immediately to frost cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, or just store in the fridge, covered, for up to three days.
- Before using, remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature – whisk until smooth.