Never enough of chocolate when mousse cake is in question, right?! This milk chocolate mousse dream cake is so rich, chocolatey, moist, and creamy – long story short – a dream dessert! Plus, very easy to prepare! Here is the recipe:
- 1 box chocolate (Devil’s Food) cake mix, prepared according to the package instructions
- ¼ cup freshly brewed cocoa
- 500 grams milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 550 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To garnish: chocolate pieces/ cocoa powder/ whipped topping (optional)
- Prepare the Devil’s food cake mix, according to the instructions of the package and pour freshly brewed cocoa in the batter; using the electric mixer, beat to incorporate with the batter. Bake (according to the package instructions) and set aside to cool down.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan, add the butter and chopped chocolate; melt over low heat; stir until smooth and melted. Remove and let it cool for 7-8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, apply the heavy whipping cream and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, on medium-hind speed, beat until soft peaks form.
- Then, pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture; mix to incorporate. Spread the chocolate cream mixture over the cake and smooth with a spatula.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours to set.
- Before serving, dust with some cocoa powder or decorate with whipped topping and /or chocolate pieces (if desired). Slice and serve.