These mini Oreo cheesecakes are so simple, beautiful, creamy, and delicious! Ideal for every party and favorite to the kids, these mini treats are perfect for all Oreo cookie lovers. Plus, they are very easy to prepare. Here is the recipe:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 oz. package (3 dozen cookies) regular Oreo cookies
- 8 oz. package mini Oreos (1 cup chopped to put in batter, 36 for garnish)
For the cream topping:
- 5 cups heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Apply 1 full-size Oreo cookie in the bottom of each mini cheesecake cup in order to serve as a “crust” of the cookie (using the whole Oreo cookie (as against just 1/2) makes it very easy to remove the mini cakes from the pan after baking.
- Whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Then, add salt and sugar and mix all over again.
- Apply the eggs, one at the time, and whisk until well incorporated. Next, pour the lemon juice, vanilla extract, sour cream, and chopped Oreos and whisk until combined.
- Divide the mix into the prepared cups (around 2/3 full) and put in the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes (the top should spring back slightly when touched).
- In the meantime, make the whipped cream topping. Mix all ingredients and whisk for a few minutes until soft peaks form.
- Spoon or pipe onto the top of each mini cheesecake and decorate with a mini Oreo cookie. Serve.