Two words – pure chocolate! This is one of the best fudge recipes with a few simple ingredients that will lead you to a really delicious treat! This New York old school fudge is rich, smooth, moist, and so chocolatey! Simply perfect! It will take you only 10 minutes to prepare it, plus around 20 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
- 2 ¾ cups sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (good quality)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter and line an 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, apply cocoa, sugar, and salt. Next, pour the milk and set over medium heat; cook stirring continuously (with a wooden spoon) until begins to boil (a strong boil), around 15 minutes.
- Then, turn heat to low; continue to cook without stirring for 30 more minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, apply the vanilla and butter (don’t stir).
- Cool to room temperature for around 30 minutes.
- Next, beat with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to lose some of its gloss (about 7 minutes).
- Spread immediately in prepared pan and allow to cool completely at room temperature for 5-6 hours (ideally overnight).
- Cut into squares. Serve.
- (You can keep the dessert stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.)