A delicious combination of éclair and pancakes – absolutely flawless! Chocolate éclair crepe cake is one of the best chocolate desserts that I ever tried. If you are a fan of sweet chocolaty treats, just like me, then this cake is a holiday for your belly. Easy and quick to prepare – it will take you around 35 minutes to make it – and it would be a real surprise for your family or friends. Try it:
For the crepes:
- 1 ¼ cup white four
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ¾ cup water
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
For the éclair filling:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) French vanilla instant pudding
- 8 oz. whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- 16-ounce chocolate frosting, to frost
- In a bowl, add pudding and milk. Using an electric mixer, beat together for around 2 minutes then add the whipped topping and combine to incorporate. Refrigerate to set up.
- Next, heat frying pan on medium. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, water, milk, and eggs together. Add butter and salt. Continue beating until all the lumps are gone.
- Spray a non-stick cooking spray a bit onto the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Apply some batter and cook the pancake for about 2 minutes on the first side and then turn around and cook around 1 minute on the second side. Repeat the process until you finish the mixture. You will probably get 13-15 pancakes/crepes.
- Once all of the pancakes/crepes are made, it’s time to assemble!
- Stack the crepes as evenly as you can onto a plate Then, take Cool Whip lid and apply on the top of the crepes, use it as a stencil. With a knife, cut around the edges of the whipped topping lid onto the crepes so they will all be a circle of the same size. (This is optional, but it certainly does look nicer!)
- After that, apply a pancake onto a plate. Add two spoonfuls of the éclair filling onto the pancake and spread evenly. Apply another pancake on top of the mixture and start again. Repeat with the remaining pancakes/crepes. On the very top finish with a pancake without the mixture on top.
- Once you are done, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Before serving, frost the top with chocolate frosting. Slice and serve. (This dessert tastes the best when prepared and consumed on the same day.)