- 450 g/1 lb fresh haddock fillet, skinned
- 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup fish stock
- ½ onion. peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 bау leaf
- 75 g/3 oz./6 tbsps. butter
- 350 g/12 oz./2 cups trimmed and thickly sliced leeks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 25 g/1 oz./ ¼ cup plain/all-purpose flour
- 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup single/light cream
- 2 tbsps. freshly chopped dill
- salt and freshly ground Ыасk pepper
- 8-12 sheets lasagna, dried and cooked
- 225 g/8 oz./1 ½ cups ready-cooked seafood cocktail
- 50 g/2 oz./ ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, 15 minutes before cooking. Place the haddock in а pan with the wine, fish stock. onion and bау leaf. Bring to the boil slowly. cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes ог until the fish is opaque. Remove and flake the fish. discarding any bones. Strain the cooking juices and reserve.
Melt 50 g/2 oz./4 tbsps. of the butter in а large saucepan. Add the leeks and garlic and cook gently for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan. using а slotted draining spoon. and reserve.
Melt the remaining butter in а small saucepan. Stir in the flour, then gradually whisk in the cream. Bring to the boil slowly, whisking until thickened. Stir in the dill and season to taste with salt and реррег.
Spoon а little of the sauce into the base of а buttered 2.8 liter/5 pint. shallow ovenproof dish. Тор with а layer of lasagna. followed bу the haddock. seafood cocktail and leeks. Spoon over enough sauce to cover. Continue layering up. finishing with sheets of lasagna topped with sauce.
Sprinkle over the grated Gruyere cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve immediately.