So rich but cheap (on ingredients), moist, fruity and extra chocolatey! This strawberry chocolate olive oil cake is the real jam this spring when you can find fresh and beautiful strawberries! Just remember when purchasing strawberries – organic are the safest for your health! So, this is an easy and simple treat that you can make in less than 30 minutes. A perfectly delicious dessert for your family with only a few ingredients. Here is the recipe:
For the pound cake:
- 2/3 cup/85 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ cups /420 ml cold water or strawberry juice
- 1 ¼ cups/250 grams white sugar
- 2 ¾ cups/ 370 grams flour
- 1/2 cup/60 grams high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup/150 grams halved strawberries, fresh
To garnish (optional):
- Chocolate ganache
- Whole strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Using a cooking spray, spray lightly a standard pound cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the vanilla extract, vinegar, olive oil, and water/strawberry juice.
- Pour wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using an electric mixer, beat until well combined. Apply the halved strawberries and combine with a spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for around 22-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the pound cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow cooling.
- Once cooled, spread the ganache over the cake (if using). Slice and serve with a few whole strawberries (if desired).