This white chocolate cheesecake with Amaretto caramel sauce is made in haven! So rich, so creamy, and very delicious! If you like the sweet combination of chocolate, caramel, and almond then this dessert is just ideal for you! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 20 grams’ almonds
- 150 grams’ graham crackers
- 60 grams’ butter, melted
For the filling:
- 150 grams chopped white chocolate
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 750 grams’ cream cheese (I used 3 ¼ packages (8 oz./226 grams each) Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 100 grams’ sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the Amaretto caramel sauce:
- 20 grams’ glucose
- 200 grams’ sugar
- 50 ml water
- 300 ml heated heavy cream
- ¼ cup Amaretto
- A pinch of salt
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, ground the almonds and crackers and almonds until processed.
- Add the butter and process again until well combined. Apply the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Press evenly on the bottom of the pan and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until you prepare the filling. In the meantime, make the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and bring to the boiling point then remove and stir in the white chocolate. Combine until melted then pour into a bowl and place the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk well to combine then pour the filling over the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
To make the Amaretto caramel sauce:
- In a saucepan, bring the heavy cream to the boiling point.
- In a separate heavy saucepan, combine the glucose, sugar, and water and bring to a boil over medium.
- Cook until it starts to caramelize and gets an amber color.
- Apply in the heated heavy cream, put the salt and mix until well incorporated.
- Then again, place over the heat and cook the sauce for 3 more minutes then remove from heat. Allow cool down then pour the Amaretto.
- Finally, serve the cheesecake with Amaretto caramel sauce.
Note: The caramel sauce yields more than enough for this cheesecake and other desserts as well.