These cute Italian cannoli cones are perfect for various spring parties and birthdays! They can be also an ideal treat after lunch or dinner. Easy to prepare, beautiful, creamy, crispy and delicious! Here is the recipe:
- 12 ice-cream cones
- 1/3 cup chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios or nuts (if desired)
- 12 Canned cherries (to decorate)
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler or in a microwave and dip the top the cones. Stand each cone upright in tall shot glasses so the chocolate can set.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk heavy cream and sugar until thick and creamy. Then, beat in ricotta cheese, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips and combine with a spatula or spoon. Pipe or spoon into cones. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios or nuts (if desired).
- Top each cone with a canned cherry. Place in the fridge or serve immediately.