This meat pizza is ideal for every meat-lover out there! A simple second course that your family will adore! This pizza di carne is just another proof that Italians are not one of the slimmest people in the world anymore. However, if you prefer balance in meals – eating this pizza won’t cause fatness. You will need 5 minutes to prepare it and around 25 minutes to cook. Simple and easy! Here is the recipe:
- 300 grams ground beef
- 200 grams’ dry bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano cheese
- a few peeled tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the bread into slices and place it in a bowl with some water for a few minutes; squeeze it well to remove the excess water and place it in another bowl along with minced meat, egg, a pinch of salt and grated cheeses.
- Use a baking sheet to cover a 24 cm (in diameter) round baking pan, then grease it with a drizzle of olive oil; roll out the meat dough well pressing it over the edges of the baking pan.
- Blend the peeled tomatoes with a blender, then season with a little olive oil, a pinch of sugar, and add salt to taste. Cut the mozzarella and squeeze it well (to make it dry) with your hands. Apply the blended tomato sauce all over the “meat dough “and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, stuff with the well-squeezed mozzarella and put in the oven for 5 minutes, until the mozzarella is well “melted” and set. Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes in order to allow the internal juices to redistribute.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of oil and basil (optional). Enjoy!