This strawberry glaze can be a perfect addition to all your fruity desserts. It is very simple and easy to prepare and very delicious! Silky and smooth, great for cakes, donuts, pancakes, cupcakes, and ice-creams. Here is the recipe:
- 2 pounds (32 oz.) strawberries, fresh (stems removed)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, on high heat, mix the water, sugar, strawberries, and lemon juice. Bring to boil, stirring thoroughly.
- After the mix starts to boil, decrease the heat to low, and let cook for up to 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Use a wooden spoon to break the strawberries in pieces as they soften, so they can release their flavors.
- Enjoy glazing your favorite desserts!