If you never tried the combination between peanut and pecan then this is that moment for you! One word – delicious! These cocoa peanut butter cookies with pecan Manuka honey cream are the real example for that amazing pleasantness of taste! Here is the recipe:
Servings 16-18 cookies
For the peanut butter chocolate cookies:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
For the pecan cream:
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup milk (some more if needed)
- 1/4 cup Manuka honey or organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Combine the ingredients together until incorporated and smooth. Scoop (or roll 1-inch balls with hands) onto a Silpat lined or parchment baking sheet.
- Using a fork, press down in order to form a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and let cool on the tray for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In the meantime, prepare the pecan Manuka honey cream. In a blender or food processor, add the toasted pecans and blend to a paste.
- Then, apply remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy. Use a tablespoon to apply the cream on each cookie. Garnish with pecan (if desired). Serve or store in an airtight container.