This easy coconut pineapple mousse can be your ideal dessert or even breakfast consumed with biscuits. The preparation time is 10 minutes in general, though, you will need additional 12 more minutes for cooking. You if you like this easy coconut pineapple mousse to be your breakfast – I recommend you to make it the day before and leave it overnight to set.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup canned pineapples, chopped
- 10 grams (1 package) gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 drops yellow food color (optional, you can also use organic yellow food color)
- 1 cup heavy cream, beaten
- A fresh pineapple slice
- Combine the gelatin powder with 5 tablespoons water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Meantime, in a mixer bowl, beat the chopped pineapple with ½ tablespoon sugar until well combined. Leave aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the coconut milk and the remaining 3 ½ tablespoons of sugar. Place on the heat. Stirring continuously, bring to boil. Then, add the gelatin to the mixture, combine and cook on low heat for 2 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Take a sieve and strain the mixture. Next, transfer the mix into a bowl and put it in a vessel filled with ice-cubes for about 10 minutes or just until the mix cools and firms. Whisk the mix vigorously and constantly while is in the ice-cube vessel in order to avoid any lump formation.
- Then, place the prepared pineapples, lemon juice, and yellow color (if using) and combine gently. Apply the whipped cream. Fold gently.
- Finally, pour equal amounts of the mix into 4 individual cups/glasses and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or till the coconut pineapple mousse sets completely.
- You can garnish with a slice of pineapple and serve.